Services, Fees, and Referrals
The Office functions as a walk-in facility during the normal hours of operation. Appointments are also available to see the College physician. These appointments are made by the nurse who will triage all incoming patients. Specific questions regarding types of service and examinations are handled by the nurse.
- Triage and treatment for illness and injuries
- Referrals and access to specialists or specialty clinics as needed and when appropriate
- Some immunizations
Information regarding out-of-office services
- Treatment of chronic diseases, such as asthma
- Pregnancy testing
- Student health insurance assistance
- Health and wellness education
- Over-the-counter medications
- Screenings for depression, food disorders, and substance abuse (in conjunction with the Counseling Office)
The fees a student might reasonably expect to encounter include:
- The student health insurance premium
- Co-payments at pharmacies for prescriptions filled via our student health insurance plan
- There are no charges for any of the visits to, and services in, the Health Office.
The Health Office functions first to evaluate and then to treat a variety of illnesses and injuries. Depending on the severity of the student's condition at the time he/she is seen, referral out may be needed. This ranges from scheduled consultative appointments with specialists in fields like like orthopedics, dermatology, gynecology, sports medicine, etc. Students are advised to see the College Physician prior to going out for more evaluations or treatment. Frequently the most appropriate and speediest access is available to the Health Office staff.