Fisher College Logo

Required Immunizations

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Department of Public Health requires all students to provide documentation of immunizations, recent physical exam (within the past 12 months), and completed health forms. The immunization requirements are mandated by Massachusetts regulation 105 CMR 220.000. The regulation applies to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students and students in a health services field (patient contact)..
Health forms must be completed by you and your health care provider and returned to Health Services by August 1 for all accepted students who will be starting classes in the fall and by January 1 for all accepted students who will be starting classes in the spring.  Students must be compliant with all health requirements PRIOR to entrance, or they may not be permitted to move into residence halls or begin classes.

Current Immunization Requirements

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella

Two (2) doses of MMR vaccine given at least one month apart and on or after first birthday, OR
*Two doses of measles vaccine and two doses of mumps vaccine and one dose of rubella vaccine, separately, OR
*The results of antibody titers proving immunity to measles (rubeola), mumps and rubella (lab results and interpretation MUST be included). Contact your healthcare provider to arrange for blood testing.

Hepatitis B

Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine: second dose given 1-2 months after the first, and third dose 4-6 months after the first, OR
*A blood test report documenting a positive antibody titer (HbsAB) will also be accepted (lab results and interpretation MUST be included). Contact your healthcare provider to arrange for testing.

Tetanus-Diphteria (TD or TDAP)

One dose of Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) adult dose vaccine is required within the past 10 years.


Two doses of Varicella (Chickenpox) vaccine given at least one month apart if age 13 or older, or after first birthday and 2nd dose at least 3 months after first, OR 

*Results of antibody titer proving immunity to chickenpox (varicella) (lab results and interpretation MUST be included), or health care provider's written documentation of history of disease of chickenpox.

*No documentation is required if you were born in the United States before 1980

Meningococcal Vaccine

Students age 21 years and younger: One dose Meningococcal vaccine (ACWY) on or after 16th birthday OR a meningococcal waiver. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires a recent Meningococcal ACWY vaccine OR complete a Meningococcal Waiver Form prior to entrance to college.

Although rare, meningitis can be life-threatening. Vaccination is required because the incidence of meningitis disease is slightly higher among the college population and the vaccine is safe and effective against a significant proportion of cases. Need more information?  Please see detailed information from the Department of Public Health about meningitis and the meningococcal vaccine. If, after reading this material, you decide you do not want the vaccine, you can sign the waiver declining the vaccine and return the form to Health Services. The American College Health Association recommends this vaccine, especially for freshmen living in the dorms. 

Tuberculosis Screening

All students are required to complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire included in the Health Forms packet. A tuberculin skin test (Mantoux Test/Intermediate PPD) is required if:
Any of the TB Risk Questionnaire Responses are “YES.”

For students who graduated from a high school in Massachusetts, they should have had already had all of the required vaccinations except the one for Meningitis ACWY. Out-of-state students should review their records carefully, as frequently there are fewer requirements outside of Massachusetts. Students should bring their forms to their health care provider for review and schedule any needed immunizations as soon as possible.

Vaccine Information Statements 

New Students Enrollment Requirements 

New enrolled students are required to complete the following forms:  

Contact your healthcare provider for your immunization records and a recent physical exam.  You may also try to contact schools and colleges or other post-secondary institutions you attended for your immunization records. Some employers may have this information, as well. Most states and some cities have centralized registries of vaccinations. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has a listing of these registry contacts.

Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements 

Medical forms found in the Pre-Enrollment Guide should be mailed to:
Fisher College Health Services
118 Beacon Street 
Boston, MA 02116
Health Services can contact your healthcare provider on your behalf to obtain your medical records by completing the following form: