Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Tuition Reimbursement

There are no resources or collections to display

The College encourages employees to participate in educational activities that will increase their job proficiencies and develop their full career potential.

All regular full-time employees and full-time faculty are eligible to apply for tuition reimbursement. The maximum reimbursement is $2500 per year (September 1 though August 31). There is a one year waiting period. Employment must be continuous from start to completion of the course and studies must be taken outside normal working hours and not interfere with the employee's work schedule. Approval for tuition reimbursement must be obtained prior to the start of classes.

Any participating employee who resigns or who is discharged prior to completion of the course(s) for which he/she is seeking reimbursement will not be eligible to receive reimbursement under this policy.

Educational assistance is an employee benefit, not a right; therefore, supervisors must approve all requests for tuition reimbursement and review applications in light of job requirements, job performance, job relatedness, nature of course, etc. For example, a billing clerk, enrolling in a degree program for Fashion Design should not qualify for tuition reimbursement. Our interests are primarily in reimbursing employees for courses related to their present job, or the whole environment of jobs at Fisher College. Courses should be, as a minimum, related to either the present job, or to potentially advance in normal career progression at Fisher College.

Fisher College will refund the tuition, up to $1500 annually, for course work properly approved and satisfactorily completed. For the purpose of this policy, "satisfactorily completed" shall ordinarily mean attainment of not less than a grade-level "C" for undergraduate courses; graduate courses will require a grade-level of at least "B". When grades are not available (such as in a pass/fail situation), a student must take the course for credit and obtain written notice that credit for the course has been earned.

Study should take place at state accredited colleges and universities, law schools, business schools, graduate and professional schools.

To apply, please fill out the Tuition Reimbursement Request Form and return to the Office of Human Resources.