International Graduate Application
International Graduate Student Application Requirements
- A completed application
- Provide official university transcripts from all accredited undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to be considered official. If you have successfully completed a graduate degree, those official transcripts are sufficient.
- Personal essay or Statement of Purpose addressing ONE of the following:
- In 300-500 words, describe and articulate how obtaining this degree will help further your career, and how your career and experiences to date have prepared you for this degree or career path.
- Two current (not more than 1 year old) letters of recommendation supporting their admission. Letters of recommendations should be from individuals with whom they have worked closely in a professional or academic setting.
- Provide your most recent resume.
- Official TOEFL results or another language examination, such as:
- TOEFL iBT or TOEFL Essentials
- IELTS exam
- Cambridge PET exam
- Duolingo English Test
- Gateway by English 3
- The STEP Eiken exam
- The ESPT exam
- PTE Academic
- The minimum TOEFL score required for direct acceptance is 80 iBT. Students with lower scores may be conditionally accepted to Fisher, or be required to attend language development courses. Students take college-level courses at the discretion of their Academic Advisor. The school code for Fisher College is 3391.
Transfer Student Requirements:
- Transfer I-20 Release Form. International students transferring their I-20 from another university or language school in the United States must submit a transfer release form and a copy of their I-20 from the last college attended. All transfer students must be in good academic standing, must owe no money to their previous college, and must not have any judicial or criminal complaints against them.
- A notarized, current bank statement verifying that the student has a minimum of $50,000.00** U.S. Dollars in a cash account available for his or her use.
- If the bank account is not in the student's name, then a notarized letter of support or Affidavit of Support should accompany the notarized bank statement from the holder of the account.
**This proof of financial funding is for I-20 issuance ONLY. Providing proof of financial capability is required by the United States Federal Government and the Department of Homeland Security. This amount does not reflect a student’s total cost of attendance. For cost of attendance, please find information HERE