About the Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
The sport industry has experienced tremendous growth, and this has increased the demand for professionals with specialized knowledge and skills that organizations in sport require for success today. Fisher College’s sport management program is carefully designed to provide students with the opportunity to acquire disciplinary knowledge and practical skills that are valued and required for success across industries, with a specialized understanding of how these apply in the sport industry.
This program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the following competencies and ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in all areas of a sport organization
- Implement professional writing and oral communication skills
- Examine and appraise the sport industry and its relationship to culture and society in the United States and internationally
- Compare and relate how how management theory applies to real world practice
- Recognize the importance of ethical decision making the economic priorities and social responsibilities of sport organizations in our society
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical abilities in the creation of a culmination project to highlight their professional capabilities
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical abilities in evaluating fitness and athletic performance
Popular career pathways include Sport Coach, Athletics Director, Sales Account Executive, Marketing Account Executive, Communications Executive, Fan Engagement Director, Group Sales Executive, Community Relations Specialist, Operations Director, Tournament Director, Youth Sports and Recreation Director.