Hospitality and Event Planning (BS)
About the Hospitality and Event Planning Bachelor Degree Concentration
The Bachelor of Science in Management with a concentration in Hospitality & Event Planning prepares students for industry employment through a career-oriented curriculum. This program is designed to familiarize students with the hospitality industry as well as the field of event planning and management. Students will develop their research, communication, decision-making, interpersonal, critical, and analytical thinking skills throughout this curriculum and obtain valuable skills to begin their career.
Students studying in the Hospitality and Event Planning concentration will have the opportunity will achieve the learning objectives:
- Demonstrate principles of leadership and management in the operation of a hospitality business
- Appraise and illustrate how to mitigate risk associated with lodging operations and the principles of hospitality law
- Demonstrate a general understanding of hospitality sales, marketing, and brand positioning
- Recognize the importance of outstanding guest service quality, server-guest relationships, and ethics
- Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Recognize the importance of goal setting and team-building
- Demonstrate awareness of the various career opportunities and options within the hospitality industry
Hospitality and Event Planning Career Track
Graduates of this program are well prepared for careers in industries associated with the field of Hospitality. These include hotels, resorts, airline, cruise, car rental and travel agencies. Additionally there are opportunities in meeting and convention related position in governmental tourism offices, chambers of commerce, and convention centers. Management and event planning positions are also prevalent in various food service related industries. The Hospitality industry is a strong economic sector with excellent opportunities for entry level positions and career growth potential.