General Studies (AS)
About the General Studies Degree
The Associate in Science degree in General Studies program provides students with a general education core required of all graduates and through its elective choices, allows maximum flexibility for students to discover and pursue career and personal goals. In completing the College's core curriculum, students in this program will acquire general background in communications, social sciences, humanities, and mathematics and computer science. Working with academic advisors, the General Studies major will determine a program of liberal arts and non-liberal arts courses that meets individual interests and aptitudes as well as attends to career and further study.
General Studies Program Requirements
- Explore essential knowledge, perspectives, and methods across multiple fields of study.
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual presentations.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to analyze and interpret philosophical and social issues.
- Perform accurate calculations using symbolic operations and provide meaningful descriptions of data.
- Identify personal connections between academic learning and professional goals.
Take the Next Step
Term Length: 8-weeks
Typical Time to Completion*:
10 terms; 1 years, 8 months
Semester Length: 15-weeks
Typical Time to Completion:
*Based on continuous enrollment of two courses every term. Time to completion may be shorter based on eligible transfer credit or longer if course enrollment varies.