ESports and Gaming Administration
About the ESports and Gaming Administration Concentration
The explosive growth in Esports alongside the gaming industry has created a demand for business professionals with a solid understanding of the industry’s nuances. Students pursuing this program will graduate with the core business fundamentals needed to work across industries while also having a leg up in understanding of the games industry and the growing role of Esports within it.
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Sport Management (BSM), ESports and Gaming Administration Concentration will have the opportunity to achieve the learning objectives of the BSM, in addition to the following concentration-specific learning objectives:
- Identify strategies for how technology-based companies accomplish their goals.
- Detail the role of the publisher and explore the complexities involved in promoting games and bringing them to market.
- Critically analyze and evaluate games as well as their themes, mechanics, and other components
- Apply principles of marketing, sales and distribution to the specific conditions of the games industry
- Understand the history and cultural significance of games and Esports
ESports and Gaming Administration Career Track
Growing gaming companies and Esports leagues incorporate a variety of key stakeholders, such as game publishers, sponsors/advertisers, leagues and teams. As the ecosystem continues to grow rapidly, participating companies need capable marketing, sales, and operations professionals. Examples of career pathways include Product Marketing Manager, Business Operations Analyst, Social Media Manager and even Head College Coach.