About the Entrepreneurship Concentration
The Entrepreneurship concentration in Management program is designed to give students an understanding of business functions in the world of entrepreneurship in today’s current business world. Students will gain a solid foundation in marketing, finance, fundraising, the legal environment as it applies to entrepreneurship, while also studying management fundamentals. This program enables students who have an aptitude and foundation to pursue their own areas of interest within the field and to be key players within an entrepreneurial or start-up organization.
- Define entrepreneurship and associated risk and opportunity analysis.
- Analyze emerging trends and practices in entrepreneurial marketing.
- Evaluate and apply marketing research to entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Evaluate and compare business entity structures and select an appropriate structure based on legal and tax considerations.
- Analyze legal implications of different funding options.
- Apply major financial, managerial, ethical, and planning fundamentals to an entrepreneurial venture.
Entrepreneurship Career Track
Successful graduates of the BSM, Entrepreneurship Concentration are qualified for employment in entry-level positions in a start-up, business consultant, or venture capitalist organization. They may also pursue a career in small business ownership or management. The well rounded curriculum will prepare them for business opportunities and positions in diverse fields working for others as they refine their own skills and aspirations towards business ownership.