Computer Technology Certificate
Computer Technology is a rapidly growing and dynamic field that will give students opportunities to build robust careers. Students will learn basic computer applications and programming skills that will make be valuable in any work place. Motivated students can even use the credits they earn towards an Associate's Degree in Computer Technology.
We also realize every student is unique and we give students the opportunity to explore their interests in this field by choosing from our Cybersecurity and Web Development Tracks. Learn more about the different program options below.
Total Credits: 30
The mission of the Associate of Science in Computer Technology program with a focus in Cybersecurity is to prepare students for entry-level positions as cybersecurity associates. The Cybersecurity curriculum is designed for the student who is interested in obtaining a foundation in computing concepts and networking management practices.
- Make informed judgments and include unique perspectives of others in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Identify and analyze user needs and consider them during the selection, integration, and administration of computer-based systems
- Apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware, software, and human aspects of a system.
The mission of the Certificate in Computer Technology program with a focus in Web Development is to expose students to the skills required in entry-level positions as web designers.The Web Design curriculum is designed for the student who is interested in obtaining a foundation in computing concepts and web application design and development using current software development and information management practices.
- Identify and analyze user needs and consider them during the selection, integration, and administration of computer-based systems.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of a software solution.