About the Marketing Bachelor Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing program is designed to educate students in the core fundamentals of marketing and prepare them for the jobs that are in high demand in the field. This program challenges students to analyze marketing situations, problem solve complex scenarios, and generate creative solutions in order to provide value in a rapidly changing market place. The marketplace is constantly changing—consumer preferences are shifting and technology is enabling advances in marketing communications and distribution methods. A successful marketing manager in this dynamic environment will need quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, and decision-making skills to diagnose problems, identify opportunities, and create effective strategies.
The Fisher College marketing program’s mission is to develop graduates who possess such knowledge and skills. Additionally, the program will train students to be able to communicate their analyses and solutions effectively in writing and orally.
This program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the following competencies and ability to:
- Apply marketing principles to inform marketing decisions.
- Apply critical thinking skills to domestic and global marketing scenarios.
- Analyze data and information found in marketing situations using accepted quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication strategies needed to meet the requirements of leadership and managerial situations.
- Assess the effects of consumer psychology theory and practice on consumption and marketing.
- Evaluate courses of action at strategic and tactical levels in marketing.
- Explain the value of brands and brand equity to organizations.
- Integrate traditional and digital marketing into marketing campaigns and measure key performance outcomes.
Marketing Career Track
Students who have earned 30+ college credits are encouraged to inquire about the Degree Completion Program (DCP).