This program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the following competencies and ability to:
- Analyze and apply marketing principles to inform marketing decisions.
- Apply critical thinking skills to domestic and global marketing scenarios.
- Analyze data and information found in marketing situations using accepted quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication strategies needed to meet the requirements of leadership and managerial situations.
- Assess the effects of consumer psychology theory and practice on consumption and marketing.
- Evaluate courses of action at strategic and tactical levels in marketing.
- Define and explain the value of brands and brand equity to organizations.
- Integrate traditional and digital marketing into marketing campaigns and measure key performance outcomes.
Marketing Career Track
Bachelor of Science in Marketing graduates can pursue a marketing career in any business or organization that needs to market its goods and services, including goods manufacturers and service providers such as banks, non-profits, healthcare, hospitality, and legal firms.
Marketing graduates also have opportunities to work for agencies that provide marketing services, such as marketing research, branding, social media content, digital marketing, and marketing consulting.
Term Length: 8-weeks
Typical Time to Completion*:
20 terms; 3 years, 4 months
Semester Length: 15-weeks
Typical Time to Completion:
Students who have earned 30+ college credits are encouraged to inquire about the Degree Completion Program (DCP).
*Based on continuous enrollment of two courses every term. Time to completion may be shorter based on eligible transfer credit or longer if course enrollment varies.