About The Management Degree Program
The Fisher College Business and Management Degree programs and their concentration within the School of Management and Communication are united in their commitment to fundamental business knowledge and application of skills in support of professional opportunities. The curriculum combines theory with practical applications to ensure students acquire depth and breadth of subject matter and can apply what they have learned. All business degree programs must provide students with the access to academic and professional information that will prepare them for a career and continued professional growth within the business world and beyond.
This program will provide students with the opportunity to develop the following competencies and ability to:
- Analyze and apply the concepts and principles of the functional areas of an organization to inform business decisions.
- Organize data to examine the economic as well as the legal, ethical, and social responsibility of organizations in our society.
- Communicate in a professional manner in all organizational contexts.
- Demonstrate team work, leadership and motivational skills in a variety of organizational settings
- Examine global perspectives of businesses.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills in business and management scenarios.
Management Career Track
Bachelor of Science in Management degree graduates are equipped to pursue careers in a variety of positions in private, government and not-for-profit organizations. Graduates of the program have secured employment in the fields of accounting, education, finance, health care, hospitality, manufacturing, marketing, retail and sales. Positions held by graduates range from a college registrar to an administrator of a major hospital. Additionally, students are given the skills necessary to pursue graduate business degrees, such as an MBA.
Take the Next Step
Term Length: 8-weeks
Typical Time to Completion*:
20 terms; 3 years, 4 months
Semester Length: 15-weeks
Typical Time to Completion:
Online and Boston Campus
Boston Campus Only
Students who have earned 30+ college credits are encouraged to inquire about the Degree Completion Program (DCP).
*Based on continuous enrollment of two courses every term. Time to completion may be shorter based on eligible transfer credit or longer if course enrollment varies.