General Studies (AS)
About the General Studies Associate Degree
The Associate in Science degree in General Studies program provides students with a general education core required of all graduates and through its elective choices, allows maximum flexibility for students to discover and pursue career and personal goals. In completing the College's core curriculum, students in this program will acquire general background in communications, social sciences, humanities, and mathematics and computer science. Working with academic advisors, the General Studies major will determine a program of liberal arts and non-liberal arts courses that meets individual interests and aptitudes as well as attends to career and further study.
- Explore essential knowledge, perspectives, and methods across multiple fields of study.
- Communicate effectively through written, oral, and visual presentations.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to analyze and interpret philosophical and social issues.
- Perform accurate calculations using symbolic operations and provide meaningful descriptions of data.
- Identify personal connections between academic learning and professional goals.