Master of Business Administration (MBA)
About the Master of Business Administration Degree
Knowledge is not enough. Professional skill sets are required that will give the student the ability for success in positions with higher levels of responsibility. Therefore, the vision for the program’s course design and development is based on practical professional applications of knowledge based on business cases. The program will utilize small student teams for social and experiential learning activities that are focused on the practice of applicable skills for solving current problems in realistic learning environments.
The overarching purpose of the MBA core individual student learning outcomes is to better prepare graduates for positions of increasing levels of responsibility in a business.
- Apply fundamental business knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving methods to realistic business scenarios.
- Demonstrate graduate level research skills.
- Analyze data found in all business functions, using accepted quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Construct appropriate communications strategies and methods to effectively address managerial and leadership scenarios and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and understand the interactions between business functions.
- Appraise and integrate the concepts of business law, business ethics, social responsibility, and risk management; and the role of external factors, including government on business operations.
- Analyze the effects of internal systems and human behavior on business operations and demonstrate collaborative organizational behaviors.
- Identify business challenges, and evaluate, critique, and recommend courses of action, integrating management and leadership theory and practice.
- Analyze and interpret the effects of globalization on all aspects of commerce.
11 core courses
The focus requirement of 3 three-credit courses.
The capstone requirement of 1 three-credit course designed to integrate knowledge gained in all previous coursework by demonstrating professional level skills and abilities in the student’s chosen focus.
Total of 15 courses and 42 credits.
Courses will be offered in three 12-week terms fully online or in person on our Boston campus. MBA program is available fully online or in person on the Boston campus.