Health Information Management (BS)
About the Health Information Management Bachelor Degree Concentration
- Collect, analyze, monitor, maintain, retrieve, and report healthcare data in accordance with quality assurance principles
- Use critical thinking as a framework for decision making in information systems issues in a variety of settings
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, and members of the health care team
- Practice in a legal and ethical manner exhibiting accountability for all actions
- Synthesize knowledge from health information management and other disciplines to promote optimal information system function.
- Graduation Satisfaction: 100% of graduate respondents reported a high level of satisfaction with the HIM program on the 2018 survey.
- RHIA Exam Pass Rate: During the reporting cycle of August 2017 through July 2018, Fisher College had a 67% pass rate for all test takers on the RHIA national exam.
- Employer Satisfaction: 100% of employer respondents reported a high level of satisfaction with graduates on the 2018 survey.
Health Information Management Career Track
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook Medical and Health Services Managers, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm (visited December 29, 2018).
-American Health Information Management Association at http://www.ahima.org/careers/healthinfo (visited January, 11, 2019)