- Our campus is in the beautiful, Back Bay of Boston.
- We have a diverse student population that represents 47 countries and 37 states.
- The Esplanade is our backyard.
- The Boston Common is our quad.
- The best shopping in the world is only blocks away. (Hello, Newbury Street fashion.)
- We live in gorgeous, historic brownstones.
- Our student-to-teacher ratio is 18-1.
- Boston is the #1 best city for recent grads. (Source: Nerd Wallet)
- Our students can study the world through study abroad programs.
- Our motto is “Everywhere Faithful” and we mean it. We have site locations in Brockton, New Bedford, and North Attleboro in addition to Boston.
- We have some of the best restaurants in the world within walking distance.
- Our average classroom size is 18.
- The descendants of our founding Fisher fathers are still very much a part of our community.
- We have clubs and organizations, and if you don’t see one you want to belong to, create your own!
- Our Fisher Falcons can compete in one of six NAIA Division II teams.
- Our President actively solicits students' input-- your voices are heard.
- You can move from classroom to classroom in the wintertime without going outside, thanks to the mall.
- We understand the value of a free meal. Whether it's Fridays in the Library, Commuter Lunches, or Fuel for Finals, you can probably score something good.
- Our fantastic career services center offers all types of career preparation support.
- We are a nationally ranked military-friendly institution.
- Our holiday décor each December rivals that of the Boston area.
- We have dynamic speakers come to campus throughout the academic year.
- We are located in one of the greatest sports cities in the country. (Go Sox/Celts/Bruins/Pats!)
- We have plenty of leadership opportunities on campus and in the classroom.
- We’re almost 20% international students.
- We can skip gym workouts just by using our historic staircases.
- We offer generous institutional scholarships based on need, academic merit, and residential status.
- Our Center for Leadership in Public Service is an excellent resource for students interested in getting involved in research and grant projects.
- Your classrooms have views of the sailboats on the Charles river and your residence halls look out onto the iconic Hancock and Prudential
- Our homecoming weekend allows alumni, family, students and friends a great way to connect and re-connect.
- Professors sometimes hold their classes in the Public Garden on sunny days- The city really is your classroom.
- We care about our supporting our cities public school systems and provide unique educational experiences like College 101 for high school rising seniors.
- Our landscaping grounds are currently topped ranked for gardens in Boston.
- Our campus is a place that respects the old and embraces the new-You can find antique artwork, historical architecture, and flat screen TVs all in one place.
- Our academic programs include customizable internships that assist students with career readiness.
- Our buildings are allegedly haunted (but the ghosts are friendly!)
- We have personalized and dedicated academic advisors.
- Our community loves to give back through service projects such as working in soup kitchens, or cleaning up the neighborhood.
- We offer hundreds of free student life programs throughout the academic year.
- Our eclectic professors have all sorts of interesting backstories-can you guess which one used to breed horses and which one attended Woodstock?
- Our Fisher Falcon mascot is so dedicated he has his own facebook page.
- Our Online Bachelor Degree in Health Care Management is nationally ranked as a “Best Buy” by GetEducated.com.
- You can catch free summer and fall concerts across the street at the Hatchshell.
- Our first year students get an assist from professional movers for a smooth transition to campus life during Move-In Day.
- Our Common Experience program allows first-year students to acclimate to college life.
- We’re a “College of Distinction” within Massachusetts for our engaged student body, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
- Our academic programs continue to grow and expand each year.
- Our eye-catching marble staircases in the 118 lobby is one of the only free-standing staircases in the country.
- We can get around Boston no problem-Both the red line and green line are within walking distance.
- We are steps away from dozens of famous Boston landmarks.
- Our interactive social media pages give the ultimate look at campus life.
- Our President Dr. McGovern has seen every side of Fisher in his 30 years of experience, from his faculty days to his role as College president.
- Our diplomas are personally signed by hand by our College administration.
- Our campus is ranked one of the top safest in the city.
- Our online Division caters to our students who need a more flexible environment.
- We offer life-changing alternative spring break options-students have traveled with Habitat for Humanity all over the country.
- We make incredible friendships with classmates that will last for years to come (ask our alumni!)
- Our top students are recognized through our honor and leadership societies.
- Our magnolia trees attract hundreds of admirers each year.
- We are #Bostonstrong.
- Our college provides us with access to an affordable higher educational experience.
- Our students can learn outside of the classroom, literally-class trips have included visits to Washington DC, Paris, and London.
- Our virtual bookstore means that a Fisher College sweatshirt is only a click away.
- We can take a late afternoon jog along the Charles River anytime we want.
- Boston is a four season city and our campus looks breathtaking in all of them.
- Our library is so beautiful it has been featured as the background in films and commercials.
- Our drama club productions are attended by residents of the Back Bay as well as Fisher students (and the musicals are always original works written by the members of the drama club themselves.)
- Our campus environment is rich with history-we are steps away from the Freedom Trail.
- We celebrate the holidays the right way with trips to Screamfest at Canobie Lake park and the Frog pond for ice skating.
- Out athletics programs travel all over the country, from Texas to Philadelphia, Oklahoma to South Carolina.
- Out students intern at some of the hottest spots around Boston, including Chanel, Burberry, Regan Communications, WBZ News, Juicy Couture, Forum, among others.
- Our annual Fisher College Fashion Show is one of the biggest events of the year.
- Our online library databases are affiliated with the Boston Public Library, the first municipal library in the history of the U.S.
- Our free tutoring services are nothing short of amazing.
- KISS108 and JAMN 94.5 always make an appearance at our club and organization fair.
- Our Eco-reps club keeps Fisher College’s “green minds” engaged.
- In addition to having interesting hobbies, our professors are seasoned in their fields-Can you guess which one was a cover model for Glamour Magazine?
- Our dedicated, experienced, and caring educators allow the college to accomplish our mission.
- We’re involved with the Disney Internship Program for those Imagineers in the making.
- Our classes host guest speakers from CBS Radio, Nordstrom, small business owners, and other amazing industries in the Boston area.
- Love 5ks and fundraising walks? There’s one held in the area just about every month.
- How many students can say they’ve lived in a residence hall with a fireplace in their room?
- Students can earn course credit for life experiences through our Accelerated and Professional Studies Prior Learning Assessment Program.
- Our students can get their sea legs while having the academic experience of a lifetime through our Semester at Sea program.
- Our professors allow students to explore every aspect of their major through trips and experiential learning.
- One of our longest-standing traditions is the annual tree trimming-where else can you decorate an 18 foot tree each December?
- Our seniors celebrate in style at Maggiano's each spring with a congratulations dinner hosted by the McGoverns.
- Nice day out? We’re literally across the street from the Charles river-you can tan on the docks or rent a kayak for the day.
- We prep our students in the art of networking through events such as the Etiquette Dinner, Cheers to Careers, among other events.
- We are partnered with FLS International, which provides international students extensive English language training in order to prepare for the college experience.
- We’re continually looking to grow and expand in ways that will best benefit our student community.
- Want to know what programs we have, or catch up on athletics scores? There’s an app for that.
- Our Fisher Blue is iconic (and goes with everything.)
- We were an early adopter of Online programs and still hold strong with our offerings today.
- Our community brings cultures and perspectives together in a dynamic arena.
- Our marketing and communications club (MARCO) plans a ridiculously fun Student vs Faculty/Staff kickball game every year-you know you want in on that.
- We’re partnered with BU for a stellar ROTC program for students interested in the benefits of a military affiliation.
- We get the best of both world by being a small college community in the big city.
- We’ve got tons of creative talent-our students perform in Poetry Slams, Open mics, and publish their own literary magazine called the Charles Viewer every year.
- You can spend hours looking at all the architectural artwork around campus and never get sick of it.
- Our alumni are an incredible resource for understanding life at Fisher. You can stay in touch with what alumni are up to through the Fisher Today publication.
- You can show your political savvy and support every year when our Student Government Association walks over to the State House each year to represent Fisher in the annual Financial Aid Day.
- You can grab a burger and fries at the place where everyone knows your name–The original “Cheers” is across the street.
- Walk around the area enough and you’ll get to know the locals–like the Taj doormen, who know everything there is to know about our city.
- We get enough one-on-one time with our professors to make a connection with them-we definitely aren’t “just a number” here.
- Our resident assistants are amazing–they top themselves every year with their welcome artwork and events.
- Our Falcon’s Nest café is the perfect spot to grab a milkshake and do some studying.
- Caffeine junkies rejoice-we’re within walking distance of at least three Starbucks.
- If you have school spirit you can join our cheerleading team-they were featured in the Boston Globe a few years ago.
- Once a month, up-and-coming musicians visit the college and perform for students in a cafe/lounge setting.
- Our community has so much love for our college that we were able to come up with 111 reasons why to choose Fisher! What's was your reason?