Military Spouse Career Advancement Initiative

Fisher College is now a participating member of the MyCAA program. The Department of Defense (DoD) currently provides financial assistance to military spouses to help pay for licenses, certifications, and education in high growth, high demand portable fields through the MyCAA program.

The DoD will provide $4,000 in financial assistance to military spouses of Active Duty and activated Guard and Reserve service members through Career Advancement Accounts.

Career Advancement Accounts (CAA) will pay for direct tuition costs for courses.

MyCAA will not pay for computers, transfer credit, evaluation fees, graduation fees or textbooks. Learn more about the program.

Program Update Starting October 21, 2010:

The MyCAA program will reopen to all eligible spouses under the new program guidelines. All spouses, including those currently participating, will be subject to the new eligibility criteria and revised funding limits below:

  • Be the spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.

  • If National Guard and/or AGR, sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS.

  • Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.

  • MyCAA accounts will be limited to the new $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2000 fiscal year cap. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.

  • Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.

  • Funding is limited to only Associate's degrees, certifications and licensure programs.

The following Fisher programs are eligible for the MYCAA program:

  • Associates Degree (A.S.)

  • Business Administration

  • Business Administration/Accounting Concentration

  • Computer Information Systems

  • Criminal Justice

  • Early Childhood Education

  • General Studies

  • Health Information Technology


  • Medical Assistant
  • Medical Coding

How do I get started with MyCAA?
Military spouses wishing to use MyCAA to fund their education must first determine their eligibility by creating an account on the MyCAA homepage and have their status as a military spouse verified. Spouses should then contact a Military OneSource Career/Education Consultant at 1-800-342-9647 to determine if their desired program is eligible for financial assistance.

Once courses have been approved, students should apply for admission and complete course registration via the Web site. If you need assistance with Fisher's online enrollment process, please contact the College Military Liaison at 617-670-4401 or by e-mail at

During the course registration process, students should select Industry sponsor the payment type. Please use the following information to complete the registration process:
Employer Name and Address:
Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts
2107 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22209

Once course registration has been confirmed, students will need to log into the MyCAA homepage and print out a copy of the confirmed Financial Assistance (FA) Award. Confirmed FA Awards will need to be forwarded to Fisher College for processing.

Please send all forms to the following addresses:

Fisher College
118 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02116

Fax: 617-236-5473


search login