Short-Term Medical Leave
If a student misses more than the permissible absences due to a documented medical condition, the student is required to contact each faculty member to discuss his or her status in the course. The student's status and ability to complete the course will be determined by each instructor. If the student is not able to complete the semester, he or she can apply for a leave of absence.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Write a letter stating the reason(s) you would like to take a leave, what you plan to do while you are away, and when you plan to return. Please remember to include your Student ID number and your current contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
2) Complete course withdrawal forms to drop all your classes. Withdrawal forms are available in the Fisher College Registrar's office on the 1st floor of 108 Beacon Street.
3) Complete and sign a Leave of Absence Request Form
Submit all of the above information to:
Dean Nancy Pithis
118 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02116
Leave of absence documents and forms
- Terms and Conditions
- Leave of Absence Request Form
- Return from a Medical Leave of Absence Form
- Return from a Personal Leave of Absence Form
- Readiness to Return to School from Medical Leave Form
- Leave of Absence Withdrawal Procedures