Below is a compilation of questions and answers frequently asked about online courses at Fisher College. If you need further answers or explanation, please contact the Fisher Online staff.
General Questions & Answers
- Just what is an online course?
- Why try this approach?
- Are online courses "real" college courses?
- How do online courses differ from their classroom-based counterparts?
- Why would I want to take an online course?
- What are the minimum requirements to take an online class?
- Am I suited for online learning?
- What can I expect from an online course?
- What length of time will I have to complete the course?
- Do I need to go to a campus to take a final exam?
- May I receive college credit by taking CLEP exams?
- How do I obtain my course materials?
- How will I get library materials and use library resources?
- What if I am not a degree-seeking student and want to take online courses?
- How much does a class cost?
- What about refunds for withdrawing from the class?
- Is financial aid available?
- What is the Fisher College, Title IV Institution Code Number?
- How do online courses work?
- Is prior computer experience necessary to enroll in an online course?
- What will I need To take an online course?
- If I have problems involving course content, will I have someone to contact
- Is technical assistance available, if I have problems with Blackboard?????
- What additional support services are available to online students?
Fisher College Library
- Applying to a degree or certificate program
- Registering for courses
- Purchasing textbooks, software, and course materials
- How to log on to your virtual classroom