section 1: general information

Am I eligible to receive VA Education Benefits?

Neither Fisher College or its VA Certifying Officials can determine whether a student is eligible for VA Education benefits. All students who feel they may be eligible for education benefits should submit an application. The Department of VA will review the application and officially deny or grant benefits. Submit your application by logging onto the VA Web site and complete and submit the electronic version of the VA Form 22-1990 (Application for Benefits).

How do I contact the Department of VA?

The Department of VA is divided into four Regions. A student that calls the toll free number will be automatically connected to the nearest Regional Processing Office (RPO) that is nearest to the student's physical location. This is not a problem for general questions. However, if the student requires specific information about the status of application or payment, the student must ask to be connected to representative at the St. Louis VA Regional Office.

Telephone: 1-888-442-4551 (1-888-GIBill 1) By
Internet: Select "Ask us a Question or Find an Answer"
Mail: VA Regional Processing Office St. Louis Processing Office, P.O. Box 66830 St. Louis, MO 63166-6830

How do I contact the VA Services Department at Fisher College?

Robert Melaragni
Fisher College
118 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: 617-670-4401
Fax: 617-236-5473

What documents are required for certification?

In order to begin the process of submitting a certification of enrollment to the Department of Veteran Affairs; a copy of the Veteran Enrollment Certification Data Form must be completed and faxed to the Fisher College's Veteran Services Department at 617-236-5473.

Can I collect VA Education Benefits for a course also covered by TA?

At this time only those in the Army National Guard, Air National Guard and Army Reserve; may qualify to collect VA benefits under Chapter 1606, REAP (Chapter 1607) and under certain circumstances Chapter 30; while using Tuition Assistance (TA) for the same courses covered during the same period. The Code of Federal Regulations states active duty service persons may not receive VA benefits for the same courses for which TA is paid, but the student can receive chapter 30 benefits for the courses for which TA is not paid.

During my extension do I continue receiving VA Benefit payments?

Extensions are granted by Fisher College to afford students the opportunity to complete course material for a specific term; this is so that the student may be awarded a satisfactory completion grade for that specific term. Extensions are not granted by the VA for pay purposes; however, extensions are allowed without pay in order to complete the course material and final exam for that specific term. During that period of the extension the student will no longer receive payments for that term, nor will the student become indebted to the Department of Veterans Affairs. If the student elects not to request an extension to complete the course material Fisher College would then be required by law to report to the Department of Veterans Affairs, that unsatisfactory academic progress has been made; and Fisher College would then terminate the student's VA education benefits for that specific term. This action could create a debt to the Department of Veterans Affairs with the possibility that all money paid for VA education benefits would be recouped.


search login