The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) at Fisher College collaborates
with all faculty to help guide their on-going professional development as
reflective and innovative teachers within a diverse learner-centered
In order to best serve the diverse population of Fisher College, we organize our practices around the following objectives:
- Provide orientation, mentoring, and instructional support for all faculty at the college
- Provide a variety of professional development activities to promote effective teaching and learning practices for a diverse student population.
- Encourage learner-centered teaching practices that work to foster active and engaged learning environments
- Assist faculty and students with academic support of the Learning Management System
- Provide instructional training and assistance for online and blended teaching
- Enhance and expand collaborative opportunities for students and faculty across disciplines
- Research, evaluate and provide opportunities for reflection and dialogue about the changing nature of teaching and learning
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Faculty Colloquium Proposals
Each year the CTE hosts 1-2 faculty colloquia presentations where faculty from across disciplines converge to discuss a topic of interest from multiple disciplinary perspectives. We are looking for instructors who would like to work collectively to create a panel for the 2018-19 school year. Past topics have included school shootings, drug treatment programs, perspectives on gender and historical monuments. This program is always very well received by students who enjoy engaging in discussions on timely topics.
March Faculty Development Convocation
The Annual Fisher College Faculty Development Convocation will be on March 23, 2019 at the Sheraton Four Points in Norwood, MA (new location!). Have you been inspired by a recent conference or reading on teaching and learning? Have you tried a new technique in your class that has yielded great results? Are you conducting research in the area of teaching and learning? We want to hear about it! Please consider proposing a workshop for our March faculty development convocation.
Click below to access the Faculty Sharing Forum. Once logged into Blackboard, scroll down to the Faculty Sharing Portal in BB000 to get more in depth information.