The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to determine eligibility for federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs. The fastest and easiest way to file the FAFSA is online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Filing online expedites the process and can provide accurate financial data directly from the IRS. To begin the online FAFSA, you must first register for an FSA ID, a username and password combination that allows you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Your FSA ID also can be used to sign loan contracts and to access certain information online.
If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your child's FAFSA electronically. If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications. Please note: Each FSA ID user must have a unique e-mail address.
You can create an FSA ID when logging into certain ED websites, including this one. Create an FSA ID now
The FSA ID process consists of three main steps:
- Enter your log-in information.
- Provide your e-mail address, a unique username, and password, and verify you are at least 13 years old.
- Enter your personal information.
- Provide your Social Security number, name, and date of birth.
- Include your mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and language preference.
- For security purposes, provide answers to five challenge questions
- Submit your FSA ID information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Verify your e-mail address. (This is optional, but helpful. By verifying your e-mail address, you can use your e-mail address as your username when logging into certain ED websites. This verification also allows you to retrieve your username or reset your password without answering challenge questions.)
FAFSA Overview Video
How to Fill Out Your FAFSA Video
YOU SHOULD INDICATE FISHER COLLEGE, TITLE IV INSTITUTION CODE NUMBER 002150, BOSTON, MA, IN THE COLLEGE RELEASE AND CERTIFICATION SECTION.
To effectively add your tax information into the FAFSA, please utilize the IRS data retrieval tool, which will insert your tax information into the FAFSA for you. This may eliminate the need for additional documentation.
For additional assistance including frequently asked questions, please view the Federal Student Aid website
Contact our office at email@example.com