Fisher College supports students’ career interests by sponsoring memberships in professional organizations for one year. Participation in a professional organization can be an invaluable experience – as a supplement to the classroom and for practical skill-building and networking. This affiliation can be an opportunity to discover unrealized talents and interests, and to gain exposure to prospective employers and future colleagues.
The Director of Career Services is the College’s liaison between students and potential organizations. The Director will work with current students in selecting appropriate organizations. Students who join an organization must fulfill the following:
1. Complete the Professional Organization Membership Application:
2. Schedule a meeting with the Director of Career Services for approval
3.Attend one educational program and/or one professional networking opportunity sponsored by the organization each semester.
Sample of Past Sponsored Memberships
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM)
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
*Each student can only have one membership sponsored while at Fisher College
*Changes to these expectations are subject to the approval of the Director of Career Services.