Fisher Honors Program Scholarship (Day Division only)
The Honors Program Scholarship awards $2000 to those students accepted into Fisher College's Honor Program. The Fisher Honors Program Scholarship is renewable each year, as long as the student remains in good standing with the Honors Program.
The Nicholas Dimancescu '07 Memorial Scholarship (Day Division only)
The Dimancescu Family scholarship is offered in memory of their beloved son and brother, Nicholas. Nick graduated from Fisher College in 2007 with an associate degree in hospitality and tourism.
- Applicants must be full-time, day students who have completed a minimum of 36 credits at Fisher College (three semesters)
- Applicants must be in their junior year of study
- Applicants must intend to complete their bachelor's degree at Fisher College
COSTELLO HEALTH SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP?
The Costello Scholarship is generously funded by Dr. Rebecca Costello, Class of 1968. Dr. Costello earned an associate degree at Fisher College, followed by a B.S. and M.S. in biology from the American University, Washington, D.C., and ultimately a Ph.D. in clinical nutrition from the University of Maryland. Her career has been dedicated to research and support related to disease prevention, nutrition and overall health. As an alumna, and a member of the Board of Trustees of Fisher College, Dr. Costello wishes to support a student in the health sciences who will pursue a four year degree at Fisher College, the institution that supported her as she began her own educational journey.
For this $2,500 scholarship:
- Applicants must be full-time, day students who have completed a minimum of 30 credits at Fisher College.
- Applicants in the Associate of Science in Health Sciences program are encouraged to apply if they will continue their education by pursuing a bachelor’s degree in biology.
- Applicants must be returning to Fisher College to complete their bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA upon the completion of 30 credit hours.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Page that includes the following:
- Major/Field of Study
- Phone Number
- A 500-600 word essay, 12 pt. font, double spaced, video or presentation addressing the following question:
Why do you wish to pursue a degree in health sciences and how do you think that experience will impact your personal growth and career expectations?
Scholarship winners will have their award credited to their Fisher College account for the 2016-2017 academic year. Please submit cover sheet and essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by March 1, 2016.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is $2,500 for the stated academic year, split over two semesters (fall and spring)
- Scholarship is only good toward Fisher College tuition and cannot be transferred to another institution.
- Winner is expected to attend award event
Additional Merit Scholarships
Fisher College offers a wide range of scholarship options to help make your education as affordable as possible. In addition to any Federal or State Financial Aid, you may also qualify for one or more of the following scholarships/awards:
- $12,000 Presidential Scholarship
- $12,000 Transfer Academic Excellence Scholarship
- $10,000 Achievement Scholarship
- $10,000 Transfer Achievement Scholarship
- $9,000 Opportunity Award
- $9,000 Transfer Scholarship
- $7,500 International Student Scholarship
- $7,000 Charles River Award
- $3,000 Arlington Scholarship
- $3,000 On-Campus Scholarship
- $2,000 Honors Program Award
Scholarships are renewed annually as long as the student is attending classes as a full-time student and maintains the cumulative grade point average required for the scholarship.