Offer of Financial Assistance
Once all of your information has been submitted and reviewed by our office, an Offer of Financial Assistance will be created for you. If you are a first-year applicant, you must first be accepted as a degree seeking candidate before an offer can be created for you. The offer of financial assistance will outline the financial aid that you are eligible to receive for the specified academic year. Please pay close attention to the language contained in the offer of assistance. Depending on the type of aid you receive, the award letter will provide important information about the paperwork and processes that are necessary to obtain federal loans, student employment positions, or other sources of financial aid.
You do not need to submit additional information, such as tax transcripts, to the Office of Financial Aid unless we specifically request this information. Should we need to request additional documents from you, we will indicate this to you in writing.
Financial Aid Awarding Timelines
- Freshmen and Transfer Students that have met the priority filing dates can expect to receive their awards between the beginning of March and June. Students that have been selected for verification will receive a tentative award that will be finalized once the process is complete.
- Returning Students who have submitted the FAFSA by the April 1 priority filing date can expect to receive award letters between May and July. Students that have been selected for verification will not receive award letters until the process is complete.
- New Students are awarded on an on-going basis throughout the spring after we have been notified that they have been accepted into their program.
- Returning Students that have met the April 1st priority filing deadline are awarded throughout the summer.
- New Students who have met the February 15 priority filing deadline can expect to receive their award letters in mid-March.
- Returning students who have met the April 1 priority filing deadline can expect to receive their award letters mid to late April.