Fisher College Faculty
Dr. Tunde Turi-Markovic
- Assistant Dean of School of Social Sciences and Human Services
- Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Program Director, Psychology
- B.S., Psychology, Bridgewater State College
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, Boston College
- Ph.D., Counseling Psychology, Northeastern University
- Office: 118 Beacon Street, 4th Floor
- Tel. 617-670-4463
- E-mail: tturi-Markovic@fisher.edu
I was born and raised in Romania, but ethnically, I identify as Hungarian. I immigrated to the US when I was twelve years old.
Even as a very young child, I knew that I wanted to teach and be in a position to help others. I received my bachelor degree in psychology from Bridgewater State College, my masters in psychology from Boston College, and a doctorate degree in psychology from Northeastern University. I joined the Fisher College community in the fall of 2009, where I teach a variety of classes in Psychology and Human Services.
Clinically, I have worked in a variety of settings and with all age groups. My clinical experiences are valuable in the classroom as it provides me with the ability to apply the material being taught. Much of my teaching style is based on my belief that students learn best when there is a focus on active learning and critical thinking. I use examples, and my personal experiences to help students grasp the information, and most importantly make connections between the text and real life. Personally, I enjoy spending time with my family. I enjoy traveling, going to the beach, and being outdoors.