Fisher College Faculty
Dr. Heidi A. Hendershott
- Assistant Professor, Communication & Media Studies
- B.A., Communication Studies, University of Hartford
- M.A., Mass Communications, Media Studies, Pennsylvania State University
- Ph.D., Critical Pedagogy & Cultural Studies, Pennsylvania State University
- Office: 118 Beacon Street, 5th Floor
- Tel. 617-670-4458
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hendershott began teaching Communication and Media Studies at Fisher College in 2009. Prior to coming to Fisher College Dr. Hendershott was a faculty member in Communication at the University of San Diego for eight years. She completed her Bachelors' degree in Communication from the University of Hartford in Connecticut and obtained her Masters' and Ph.D. degrees at Penn State University, where she also taught media studies courses.
Utilizing an interdisciplinary approach that integrates media studies, critical media pedagogy, and cultural studies, Dr. Hendershott's research focuses on the history, production, reception, and political economy of the media with specific emphasis on popular music. She has presented her work at the National Popular Culture Association Conference, as well as numerous state and regional conferences in communication and education. Her work has been published in The Review of Education, Pedagogy and Cultural Studies.
Dr. Hendershott currently teaches introductory level and upper division courses in Communication and Media Studies at Fisher College. When not at school you can find Dr. Hendershott on the tennis court; as an avid tennis player she competes in tournaments throughout Massachusetts.