The Fisher College Fashion Merchandising concentration is where management meets fashion. To accomplish this, we step outside the classroom for field trips that include: meetings with executives in top firms, consultations with local entrepreneurs and visits to apparel businesses and retailers that operate in Boston’s fashionable Back Bay. Students will discover and embrace creative and imaginative instincts to connect trading and enterprising skills within the apparel, textile and home furnishings industries.
Why the Fashion Merchandising Concentration at Fisher College?
- Fisher is located in Boston’s premier luxury fashion district
- Boston offers a rich source of artistic, social, and cultural influences on the apparel industry
- Hands on learning with frequent outings to local retail establishments to observe operations, merchandising techniques, and window displays
- Coursework links innovation, economics and business sense to promote global commerce
- Small classes with individual attention from creative, devoted faculty member
- Extracurricular activities by way of museum visits and local fashion events
- Fashion Study Tours to New York City and Paris
Develop business skills to complete the link between social, inspirational and cultural elements to the ever-changing world of fashion and the global marketplace. Fashion is visual, learn with your eyes and excel where management meets fashion at Fisher College.