Honor Society --A chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the national honor society for American two-year colleges, was established at Fisher College in 1965 with the chapter name Nu Omega.
Students are eligible for invitation to Phi Theta Kappa if they meet
the following academic requirements:
1. a 3.5 cumulative GPA after 12 earned Fisher college-level credits
2. a 3.4 cumulative GPA aft er 24 earned Fisher college-level credits;
3. a 3.3 cumulative GPA after 36 earned Fisher college-level credits;
4. The student must receive no failing grades.
5. The student must be of good moral character and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
Accelerated and Professional Studies degree students are eligible for invitation to Phi Theta Kappa at one of two points in their academic program if the cumulative GPA is a minimum of 3.5 and the following criteria is met:
1. Having earned 24 semester hours through course work at Fisher within 12 months of the original date of matriculation, or,
2. Having earned 45 semester hours through course work at Fisher within 36 months of the original date of matriculation.
3. The student must receive no failing grades.
4. The student must be of good moral character and possess recognized qualities of citizenship.
In order for an inducted student to maintain membership in Phi Theta Kappa, the final GPA at graduation must be 3.3 or above.
Students must join PTK prior to reaching 45 credits.
Please contact Advisors Heather Carpenter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jennifer Mandolese (email@example.com) for more information.
Dean's List-The Dean's List is the official recognition by the College of a student's excellent academic performance. Only degree students are eligible for this recognition.
To be named to the Dean's List in the Day Division, students must earn at least 12 college-level, grade-point-bearing credits in that semester through course work at Fisher within the Day Division; achieve a minimum semester grade-point average of 3.3; and also have no failing grades within that semester.
Students in the Division of Accelerated and Professional Studies may qualify for the Dean's List as follows: At the point of earning a total of 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120 college-level, grade-point-bearing credits through course work at Fisher, Dean's List candidates must:
1. Achieve a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.3
2. Have no failing grades within that 15-credit time period
Graduation Honors-Only degree students are eligible to graduate with honors. To qualify for honors at graduation, a student must achieve a final cumulative grade-point average at the time of program completion in the following ranges:
3.75-4.0 Highest Honors
3.5-3.74 High Honors
Every graduating class shall have one valedictorian who:
• Holds the highest cumulative GPA at the end of the seventh semester
• Has completed at least 64 credits of course work at Fisher College
• Will have completed baccalaureate degree requirements by the graduation date