EcoMotion's Top Ten Tips
EcoMotion's Top Ten Tips to
Living Sustainably at Fisher College
1. Unplug - Turn off power cords, light switches, un-used appliances, and chargers before leaving a room.
2. Save time and trees - Print double-sided - And, ask teachers for permission to turn assignments in online.
3. Save water! Take shorter showers - Even taking one minute less could save up to 5.5 gallons of water! And throughout your day, be sure to quench your thirst with a reusable (BPA-free) water bottle-and drink from the tap!
4. Share. Remember that one person's trash is another person's treasure. When you're done with something of value, post a listing on Craigslist or E-bay. Find out how to properly discard electronic gadgets and other e-waste can be discarded properly at: www.digitaltips.org/green.
5. Get involved. Set time aside each week or month to work for a cause you care about - volunteer to be an Eco-rep, run for office, join the Sustainability Committee, or consider writing an article for Fisher Today!
6. Ride a bike, or take public transportation, and carpool with peers. Encourage, and support bike-sharing programs in your local community.
7. Green your daily exercise with a "bag-a-week"- Make it a point to carry an extra trash bag on you at all times when walking and running outside. Clean up while you slim up!
8. Shop Green. Check the Salvation Army, and other second-hand clothing stores when shopping for clothes: the clothes are a great bargain, good for society, cheap, authentic, broken in, and recycled.
9. Recycle. On trash day, be sure to designate separate trash bags for glass, plastic, and aluminum. Consider investing in a set of large bins to make the process even easier!
10. Be a conscientious consumer. Shop for local, organic, and fair trade foods at your local grocery store.