Become An Eco-RepFisher College EcoReps Job Description 2011-2012
EcoReps is a peer-to-peer leadership program designed to inspire and empower the Fisher College community to go green. Through the advancement of key sustainability initiatives on campus – recycling and clean drinking water, food and climate, waste reduction and campus-wide education – EcoReps are the force behind Fisher's campus-wide commitment to the adoption of a culture of sustainability.
Built on the premise that simple lifestyle changes can make a big difference, EcoReps work with the Sustainability Committee, various campus departments, and the student body to support more sustainable campus policies and practices. EcoReps help to raise awareness in the community and actively encourage more responsible decisions in the classroom, residence halls, at home, and as habit in daily life.
With the goals of engaging the community, maximizing efficiency on campus, and preserving the Earth's natural environment, EcoReps serve as the ears, eyes, and voices of Fisher's green initiative. EcoReps lead by example for peers and the community, while also setting a precedent on campus that promotes a cleaner, healthier, and more prosperous future for the College and the world.
Fisher College Eco-Reps responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Attend 7-10 EcoReps meetings per semester
- Complete the Fisher College EcoReps Engagement Form
- Stay up to date with green initiatives on campus and broader initiatives around the world
- Participate in and stay up-to-date with email threads and group discussion topics
- Subscribe electronically to the bi-weekly AASHE bulletin to stay informed about campus greening
- Promote monthly sustainability themes, initiatives, and activitiesInform and educate peers and the broader community on issues of sustainability
- Work both independently and collaboratively with the Fisher EcoReps team and community
- Support sustainability events (e.g., Recyclemania, Earth Day, campus competitions, etc)Circulate relevant materials in the residence halls and on campus
- Post updates, discussion topics, ideas, news, and events on Fisher College's EcoReps Facebook page
- Serve as liaison for the Sustainability Committee and student body, as well as a resource for new and/or interested green students on campus
Apply today by filling out the engagement form and e-mailing it to email@example.com.
Eco-Reps Engagement Form (.doc)