The Fisher College Fashion Merchandising concentration is where management meets fashion. To accomplish this, we often step outside of the classroom and take you on field trips that include: meetings with executives in top firms, consultations with local entrepreneurs, and visits to apparel businesses and retailers that operate in Boston's fashionable Back Bay. Students will discover and embrace creative and imaginative instincts to connect trading and enterprising skills within the apparel, textile and home furnishings industries. Travel and study abroad programs inspire students both visually and culturally in their fashion studies and future workplace endeavors.
This program is a concentration within the Bachelor of Science in Management degree, which ensures a well-rounded education in all areas of business to support extensive knowledge in the fashion industry.
Why the Fashion Merchandising concentration at Fisher College?
- Located in Boston’s premier luxury fashion district
- Boston offers a rich source of artistic, social and cultural influences on the apparel industry
- Hands on learning with frequent outings to local retail establishments to observe operations, merchandising techniques and window displays
- Coursework links innovation, aesthetics and business sense to promote global commerce
- Small classes with individual attention from creative, devoted faculty member
- Extracurricular activities by way of museum visits and local fashion events
- Fashion Study Tours to New York City and Paris
- Semester Abroad Fashion programs in London, Italy and Paris
Develop business skills to complete the link between social, inspirational and cultural elements to the ever-changing world of fashion and the global marketplace. Fashion is visual, learn with your eyes and excel Where Management Meets Fashion at Fisher College.