Hertencia Bowe, M.S.
Assistant Professor, health information management
program: Health information management
- B.S., Health Information Management, University of Mississippi
- M.S., Health Services Administration, Central Michigan University
- Ed.D. Candidate, Nova Southeastern University
Professor Bowe began teaching Health Information Management at Fisher College in May of 2012. Her professional experience include serving as the National Health Information Program Coordinator at Rasmussen College for 1 ½ years and directing the Health Information Management and Medical Coding programs at Polk State College for five years. Professor Bowe also has over 10 years of professional experience in course and curriculum development, academic program assessment and accreditation compliance.
Professor Bowe’s research focuses on understanding the experiences of academics and practicing professionals that transition into academic leadership positions in higher education. Her research further investigates relationships amid institutional conditions and academic leaders as they relate to this transition.
- Preparing for Your Dream Job as a HIM Program Director: Tips for a Smooth Transition, The Assembly on Education Presenter - 7/2012
- Unlocking the Magic of Research in HIM: Exploring the Opportunities of Creating a Research Course within the HIA Curriculum, The Assembly on Education Co-Presenter - 7/2012
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Presentation: Engaging Students in an Learner-centered Environment, Co-Presenter – 2010
- For the Record Magazine
- Healthcare IT News