Students in the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree enroll in an internship during their last academic year, providing them with an opportunity to apply learning in an approved agency or organization. Students can choose from a variety of options and placements, and work closely with the Director of Career Services and the Psychology Program Director. Internships can be fulfilled by completing 120 hours in settings such as, clinics, hospitals, community centers, schools, residential programs, homeless shelters, crisis hotlines, research, etc.
Fisher College Psychology majors have recently interned at the following sites:
- TechBoston Academy, Dorchester MA
- Samaritan's, Inc. Boston, MA
- Horizon for Homeless Children-Playspace, Roxbury, MA
- The Dimock Center, Roxbury, MA
- The Spotlight Program by Northeast Arc, Danvers, MA
- Research Internship with Ted Cross, Ph.D.
- ABCD Head Start and Early Head Start, Dorchester, MA
- 7 Cups of Tea
- Massachusetts Association of Crime Analyst
- Boston Living Center