Students in the Associate of Science in Management, Fashion Merchandising concentration will have the opportunity to achieve the learning objectives of the BSM
, in addition to the following concentration specific learning objectives:
- Apply merchandising strategies to developmental stages of design concepts to end-use consumer products.
- Recognize the importance of aesthetics to implement trend-forecasting tools and create visual displays.
- Demonstrate textile knowledge by understanding fiber properties in apparel and home textiles.
- Identify recurring historical costume elements in contemporary merchandise.
- Evaluate retail formats and prepare a buying proposal with an assortment plan, pricing strategies and proposed sales reports.